Welcome to A Piece of Scrap!!!

This is my freebie blog!! Hopefully I will be posting lots of freebies, although most likely not very regularly. Sometimes I am very inspired and come up with a lot, and other times not so much. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee...and let the good times roll!

Friday, September 21, 2007

ooo a friday freebie!

Well, I just found out that my niece had open heart surgery today. She's actually my brothers niece, but her mother is a good friend of mine from high school, and well, her and her sister and the only nieces I have. Anyway, Faris has a congenital heart defect which has caused her to be in an out of the hospital since her birth in April. I haven't heard how the surgery this morning went, but I know that they expect her to be in PICU for about a week, and then in a regular room in the hospital for a few weeks after that. She's such a trooper...Please pray for her recovery to be fast and painless.

So I have the house all to myself all day today...and what do I do? I plant myself on the couch and watch tv all morning. Then I fell asleep with DS during his nap...So I've gotten very little done today. And of course, now the dog and the baby are fighting. I think I'll just post the freebie and go out and get something done. Onto the freeb...

Well, these weren't originally going to be released until Monday, but seeing as I am no longer in the contest, I get to release them early! Woo hoo!! Well, woo hoo for y'all...

Anyway, these are the matching elements to the Playing With Dirt (aka Playing in Dirt) kit. Don't ask why there are two names...it was late, one got 'in' and the other got 'with'. There are the 12 elements that I submitted to the Digitals Design Star Competetion, and then 3 others that I had made earlier. I fixed all the elements, so they should be fine. Those ladies at DDS are sticklers for quality, so I feel confident that if this passes their tests, they are of good quality.



Please leave a comment! I love to read what y'all have to say...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And it motivates me to work on new things...(i.e. freebies...since I don't sell at any stores)
Hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Ellie said...

I'm glad I found your blog! I had downloaded your papers, but somehow missed getting the elements. They are fantastic and I can't wait to use them. I'm sorry about the contest. I was in it, too, but ended up bowing out in the second round because I couldn't meet the deadlines with everything else happening in my life. Oh well. You're designs are beautiful, though! I'll be a frequent visitor to your blog. :)

Ryan said...

sending you warm fuzzies!
Thanks for sharing your work!

muckeline said...

Love this Kit so much ! Thanks a lot !
LG, Katja

SueLovesRich said...

Gorgeous Kit!!! Thanks for sharing!! Huggggggs Tiggs