Welcome to A Piece of Scrap!!!

This is my freebie blog!! Hopefully I will be posting lots of freebies, although most likely not very regularly. Sometimes I am very inspired and come up with a lot, and other times not so much. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee...and let the good times roll!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Boo hoo...

Well, I can't blame anyone but myself, but I was disqualified from the digitals design contest. It was really a stupid error...last minute they decided that if the quality control team found any errors we would have one chance to fix it. So dumb ol' me decided to throw something together, send it in, and pray. Well...I had errors on 5 out of my 12 elements (lol...that's bad, eh?) So, during DS's nap time I got to fix 4 of them. Saved the hard one for last...gr...I got to redo it, sent it in real quick...and yep, you guessed it, totally mucked it up. I mean, the mistake I made was so blatent. Someone should come smack me upside the head. There was a giant blue line on my fastener!!! Okay, it wasn't giant, but it was pretty obvious.

So, I am a little dissapointed. The staff there, and especially Stacy Mann, have a GREAT contest going - very much sticklers for quality! But it just proves that their in store products are going to be of excellent quality. Maybe in the future I will apply there to be a designer...we will just have to see.

I haven't re-fixed (again...) the elements for the playing with dirt kit, but I will do that tomorrow and then release them as a freebie! Maybe even with a few special other treats...woo hoo.
I want to thank everyone who voted for me! The contest was so much fun to be in. I absolutely cannot wait for the design contest at Just For the Scrap of It. Starts Oct 1st...it's sneaking up on me...quickly.

Well...I do have a few layouts to share.

This is from my husband basic training graduation...what a day. I am so incredibly proud of him. I know that bct was a challenge, but he owned up to it and really excelled. He was so excited on graduation day that I could hardly get a picture with him looking at the camera!
Winter Morning kit by Kylie Moore. This kit is so cool. Lot of beautiful colors and really neat elements...I especially love the journaling tool.




And this is my mother-in-law...such a sweet woman. I am so blessed to have a MIL like her.
My Journal kit by Joan Thompson at the Scrapping Garden. Awesome kit, lots of journaling pages and interesting elements!









1 comment:

Heather Stokes said...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am sorry SORRY you were eliminated, I LOVE this kit, It is JUST FABULOUS!!!!

I am keeping your "niece" in my thoughts, and I hope all went well with the surgery.